Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using material iProperties in ilogic forms

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
mlouisiana
5934 Views, 16 Replies

Using material iProperties in ilogic forms

I'm trying to build a simple ilogic form to fill out iproperty infomation for parts we generate.  Our company only uses a few of fields that are available.  The problem is that the Physical tab is not available in the form editor.  I would like to add this field to my form to be able to select the material for the part.  The style/standard editor in our part template file holds all materials we use.  Summary, Project, Status, and Custom are all available, why isn't Physical? 

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
wayne.brill
in reply to: mlouisiana

Hi,

I believe you can work around this.

First create a Text Parameter. Name it something like myMaterial. (The value is the name of a material).

Then create a rule with this conent:

iProperties..Material=myMaterial

Then add the Parameter (myMaterial) to the Form. In my tests when i change the myMaterial parameter on the Form the iProperties for the Material on the Physical Tab is updated. (and the Part changes to the new material)

I attached an ipt file with the rules and the form I used to test.

I hope this helps.

Wayne Brill

Autodesk Developer Network

Wayne Brill
Developer Technical Services

Message 3 of 17
mlouisiana
in reply to: wayne.brill

Thanks Wayne,

Using your suggestion, I was able to take it one step further.  I setup a multi-value list parameter, then created a rule to suck in all the material data from my template file into the parameter on file startup.  I then placed the parameter on my form to allow the user to select the material they need from the list.  Then finally I had to create another rule to save-back the selection back to the iproperties physical material variable.  It sure would have been easier if Autodesk just put those variables in the forms dialog box!

Message 4 of 17
wayne.brill

Hi,

I wanted to let you know that I created a Change Request with engineering to have the Physical iProperties made available on the iLogic form dialog like the other iProperties.

Thanks,

Wayne Brill

Autodesk Developer Network.

Wayne Brill
Developer Technical Services

Message 5 of 17
mies07

I sure would like to see the code for:

" then created a rule to suck in all the material data from my template file into the parameter on file startup"

Thanks

Message 6 of 17
mlouisiana
in reply to: mies07

Hello First, make sure you add the parameter in your template file for the material. [cid:image001.png@01CD5DBA.D37E1C50] Then use the rule below to populate the parameter [cid:image002.png@01CD5DBA.D37E1C50] Then use the following rule to saveback the material from the parameter to the iproperties. [cid:image003.png@01CD5DBB.43F8D1A0] And here is my event triggers to make sure it all happen automatically when you start up a new part. [cid:image004.png@01CD5DBB.43F8D1A0] Hope this helps, [cid:image005.jpg@01CD5DBB.43F8D1A0]
Message 7 of 17
jcorson8499

is there any way you could attach a file with this in it? 

Message 8 of 17
mlouisiana
in reply to: jcorson8499

I just went back and looked at my last post. It didn't look like I expected. I took that info and cut & pasted to a .doc file. This should be easier to read. Mike Louisiana Metal-Matic Inc.
Message 9 of 17
jcorson8499

i still dont see anything.

Message 10 of 17
mies07
in reply to: jcorson8499
Message 11 of 17
jcorson8499
in reply to: mies07

Message 12 of 17
mlouisiana

Boy I'm sure having troubles getting my attachments to show up properly.  I'll try again to show how I set it up.

Message 13 of 17
jcorson8499

Thank you, this works great. 

Message 14 of 17
mlouisiana

Hello,

I know this post is a little old but did it ever get done?  We just upgraded to 2015 ultimate but don't see a "Physical" section in the list.

Message 15 of 17
jcorson8499

Yes we did. we use this everyday now in our new templates.

Message 16 of 17
mlouisiana

Hello, I'm just going thru the process of upgrading all my templates from our last version (2015 to 2017)  I wanted to streamline and get rid off all the workarounds I had to do for materials on the ilogic form.  It doesn't appear that Autodesk ever followed thru and add the physical tab to the ilogic forms?  I still don't see it.  Am I missing something?

Message 17 of 17
JanekPop

Still missing, 5 years on. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report