Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using iLogic/Rules with iParts and iAssembly

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ASchlaack
413 Views, 3 Replies

Using iLogic/Rules with iParts and iAssembly

I have many parts that all are iParts in and assembly. And they all have to change with eachother so the assembly itself is an iAssembly. When I change the iAssembly values so it changes the part it also changes the parts name on the parent child tree adding in a value.

2014-07-16_0850.png

In this case it added in "36" on the "LEFT_FRAME_LEG-SKIRT" and if i change the value in the table the value 36 will change along with it. This is where I run into my issue. I also need to use iLogic/Rules to suppress parts at times. but because the part names all change the rule losses what part it's related to. How can I get around this issue?

Thanks,
Aaron Schlaack
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2018
Dell Windows 8.1 64 bit Intel(R) Xeon(R) @ 3.50GHz 32GB Ram
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mdavis22569
in reply to: ASchlaack

Would Level of Detail not work for you ....

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
ASchlaack
in reply to: mdavis22569

In what way do you think I should use it?

Thanks,
Aaron Schlaack
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2018
Dell Windows 8.1 64 bit Intel(R) Xeon(R) @ 3.50GHz 32GB Ram
Message 4 of 4
rjay75
in reply to: ASchlaack

Override the names of the components in the assembly. Use that name to refer to the parts from iLogic.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report