Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Apprentice to get AllReferencedDocuments

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
717 Views, 3 Replies

Using Apprentice to get AllReferencedDocuments

I am using Inventor 2010 Apprentice to get AllReferencedDocuments from the ApprenticeServerDocument through VBA in Excel 2007. It works very well with many assemblies but I have some assemblies that not all of the parts included in the assembly or sub-assembly are returned. What's even more confusing is I will test my code on another computer in my office with the exact same version of Inventor and the same service pack and the same RxInventor.tlb file, but some different parts will be missing from that other computer. All the files are located in the same folder and all have been properly migrated.

Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
petercharles
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 4
Mike.Wohletz

This does not sound the same as the other problem that I had posted a fix for, I would look at the 

.NeedsMigrating and see if that returns true. to not have the same results on two computers should not be so unless one of them has a newer version of Inventor installed and ApprenticeServer needs them migrated prior to working with the file.

Message 4 of 4
ekinsb

Can you post a simple example, both an assemlby and the some sample code that demonstrates the problem?

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report