Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Coordinate System

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bravaiser
400 Views, 1 Reply

User Coordinate System

Greeting Everyone I am trying to use the User Coordinate System to create features that change independently of the Global Coordinate System I have the Unit Vector of the such features. I wanted to use UserCoordinateSystem in c# for this application but I cam getting some problems here the code UserCoordinateSystemDefinition oCoordSysDef = default(UserCoordinateSystemDefinition); Inventor.Point oPoint1 = mApp.TransientGeometry.CreatePoint(value1, value2,value3); //Origen Inventor.Point oPoint2 = mApp.TransientGeometry.CreatePoint(u1, u2, u3); //Xdirection Inventor.Point oPoint3 = mApp.TransientGeometry.CreatePoint(.v1, v2, v3); //Ydirection oCoordSysDef.SetByThreePoints(oPoint1 , oPoint2, oPoint3); But I get an error that says exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred what am I doing wrong thank you for your ideas
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Vectors x and y are must not be collinear.

Could you please check your code for Point3 variable?  (extra dot ?)

Vladimir Ananyev
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report