Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade AddIn from Inventor 10 to Inventor 2011

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cyin
416 Views, 3 Replies

Upgrade AddIn from Inventor 10 to Inventor 2011

I programmed an Inventor AddIn years ago using Inventor 10 API and it worked fine. The AddIn was developed using Visual Studio .NET 2003. It got loaded everytime Inventor starts.

Now we are migrating computer systems to Windows 7 and installing Inventor 2011. I  have migrated program code from Visual Studio .NET 2003 to Visual Studio .NET 2008 and compiled successfully. (I had to do this because .NET 2003 does not work on Windows 7) But the AddIn does not show up in Inventor 2011 (from Tools | AddIns menu). I am sure the .dll has been registered in registry. Have anybody had similar experience?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mike.Wohletz
in reply to: cyin

Did you change the original reference to look at the Inventor 2011 reference file?  have you registered it using the x64 .net using something like this:

"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\RegAsm.exe /codebase yourAdd-in.dll" ?

Message 3 of 4
cyin

Thank you for the reply.

Just got evething 64bit. I will try that and find out.

Message 4 of 4
cyin

Compiled my program using x64 .NET successfully and the addin shows up in Tools|AddIn list, but could not load it.

I did the same thing to the sample program "SimpleAddIn" that comes with Inventor, also could not load it.

Is there any change to the API objects I am using?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report