Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UREGEBT!!! Help Creating Tab for Macros

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ADNpati
460 Views, 5 Replies

UREGEBT!!! Help Creating Tab for Macros

Hello there,

A new question in a brand New year !!

In our company we got more than 20 macros and their buttons, which we use daily in our design process.

they are distributed all in the tabs ( where we got some place with buttons)

But we looking to put then under a tab all in one place. Is there any chance of creating new tab and put macro buttons in there?? If so will be very handy and helpful and userfriendly... 

Looks doeable, nned some guidence.

Looking for help...

Mechanical Engineer
Inventor Applications Engineer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, Some KUDOS -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
philippe.leefsma
in reply to: ADNpati

Hi There,

The following post contains a sample on how to add a macro to the QAT menu you need to use "AddMacroControlDefinition" then add it to the ribbon tab you want:

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2012/11/add-macros-to-quick-access-toolbar-qat.html

This other post illustrates how to customize the ribbon, by combining both posts, you should be able to achieve what you are looking for:

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2012/06/adding-dropdownpopup-buton-in-inventor-ribbon-pa...

Let me know if you have further questions on that.

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 6
ADNpati
in reply to: philippe.leefsma

Hello Philippe,

Thanks for links and gone through and did changes and executed updated maco.

but all the 20 macros are in QAT and it it very confusing to as they are in a row ...

Can you please give me a way to add a cutom ribbon and add macros to it????

will be very helpfull.

will wait on reply..

Thanks.

AD.

Mechanical Engineer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, Some KUDOS -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 6
philippe.leefsma
in reply to: ADNpati

Hi AD,

Sorry there is no way to add a ribbon/tab to the QAT, you can add there only command icons.

If you want your items to be grouped logically, I would advise you create a custom Tab inside the dedicated ribbon environment: Part/Assembly/Drawing or ZeroDoc.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 5 of 6
ADNpati

Hello Philippe,

I got that, yeah the only and best way to have them is creating custom buttons and placing them in to required tab under custom pannel.

And also what I found is, It will be very helpful if we have customn Icons for each macro so to differentiate winth image instead of names to save space.

CustomPanel.JPG

Thanks for reply Philippe.\\

Regards,

AD

Mechanical Engineer

Message 6 of 6
ADNpati

If I am correct, Give Kudos....

Mechanical Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report