Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The internal name of the ContentCenter propertyset changes every time

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
smilinger
636 Views, 0 Replies

The internal name of the ContentCenter propertyset changes every time

We all know that in inventor api every document propertyset has its own internal name, a guid that never change. But the situation is changed for the ContentCenter PropertySet in a Content Center part.

Every time you get a content center part, you have a ContentCenter propertyset on it, it seems that the only property available in this propertyset is "IsCustomPart", from which we can know whether it is a custom content center part or not, which can be useful in some situation.

But it is strange that the Internal name for the propertyset changes every time, every content center part has a different internal name for this propertyset.

I don't know if there is any reason for the inventor developing team to make it like this, but I think it can bring in some problems and I think there WERE some problems.

I am digging into this problem because recently I'm doing some configurations for Autodesk Vault and I found no easy way to distinguish the custom content center parts from the standard ones in vault, then I noticed the strange situation for the CententCenter propertyset.

I noticed that in early versions of Autodesk Vault, say that 2008, there was a bug:

"IsCustomPart property is being created each time a standard part is added to the vault."

see the ADMS 2008 SP1 Readme here:
http://http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/adms2008_sp1_readme.htm

I think the real problem here is originated by inventor, that the ContentCenter propertyset in these standard parts has different internal names, making vault think that there is a new property in each of these standard parts, because the vault recognize propertysets by internal names.

Unfortunately the way the newer versions of vault get properties from inventor parts has changed, while it is still recognizing propertysets by internal names, the IsCustomPart property is not read by vault anymore. I am curious about that if the vault developing team decide to read the IsCustomPart property again (as wished by some vault users), what will they do?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report