Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tessellate TextBox contents into Geometry.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Vaal_it
378 Views, 1 Reply

Tessellate TextBox contents into Geometry.

I am using Inventor 2013 API for an application that imports Solid bodies and Sketches from Inventor parts.

Observed that when we import sketch entities, the Text object simply returns 4 lines representing its bounding box. What I want to do here, is to get the formated text as a collection of geometric entities. (lines, splines, arcs)

Is there any API available to "explode" text into entities, or may be a cleaner method that simply returns tesselation of formated text?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
philippe.leefsma
in reply to: Vaal_it

Hi Vaal_it,

Unfortunately there isn't an API that could directly tesselate a text entity.

You can access the text content and process it using your own logic or a third-party API able to tesselate text (AutoCAD can do that for example). Another suggestion would be to create a very thin extrusion based on a sketch containing exactly the text to tesselate and then you would be able to use CalculateFacets on the SurfaceBody generated by this extrusion.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report