Inventor Customization

schuppert
Message 1 of 2 (176 Views)

Setting up pipe specifications in Tube and Pipe

176 Views, 1 Replies
11-16-2009 02:23 PM
Hello,

I am new to the Tube and Pipe and am trying to set up my piping specifications for the first time. I do not see the specific types and grades of pipe and fittings that I use listed. I can copy the fittings and edit to what I want OK but I am having trouble with the pipe in the tube and pipe style editor. For example rather than using the pipe ASME B36.10M I want my bill of material to read more like SA-53 Grade B or SA-106 for Carbon Steel pipe and SA-312 TP304 or TP316 for Stainless. For the fittings examples would be like SA-234 or SA-403 . Is there a way to copy the pipe families from the Tube and Pipe Styles editor to make them more specific as I noted? I believe I need to modify the styles in the piping runs.iam file so that once I get the pipe styles set up I can use them over and over again. I am trying to get Inventor to also produce a BOM similar to what I have attached without manually having to edit it or at least as little as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,

Dave
*Brian Ekins \(Autodesk\)
Message 2 of 2 (176 Views)

Re: Setting up pipe specifications in Tube and Pipe

11-17-2009 11:58 AM in reply to: schuppert
Dave,

I think you might have better luck with this question in the general
autodesk.inventor group. The customization newsgroup is specifically for
programming questions. Since Tube and Pipe doesn't currently have a
programming interface there's not much help you can expect here.
--
Brian Ekins
Inventor API Product Designer
http://blogs.autodesk.com/modthemachine

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube