Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search by version created with

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
renderwerks
251 Views, 2 Replies

Search by version created with

Hello,

I am looking for a way to search our Inventor files to determine which ipart factories were created with earlier versions of Inventor. 

We are having issues with 2012's handling of older ipart factories.  They can't find the member (it's right there), or it loses it's insert constraints.  The behavior was present in 2010 (our last version installed), but has gotten MUCH worse in 2012.  We have been on Inventor since release 4.

I was able to isolate all our ipart factories (400+) but am unable to figure out how to further separate the factories by version created with.

Another thread here on the forum discusses this issue. A post by an Inventor programmer basically states that this occurs with factories created prior to release 2010?  Or R10?  (some confusion here)  They go on to say that Autodesk doesn't have a good solution to the issue, and for now, the best work-around is to delete and re-create the factory, and re-generate the members.  Not good, but what we get...

I think I need to find all ipart factories that were created prior to release 2010, but cannot figure out how to do it. Using windows explorer to right click and view iprops file by file is not something I (or my boss) want to do with so many files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated-

Thanks,

Rick Hageman
Mechanical Designer
Cosmodyne, LLC
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mike.Wohletz
in reply to: renderwerks

Try the attached and see if it does what you want, the entire solution is attached but you will find the compiled app in the bin\released folder:

Message 3 of 3
renderwerks
in reply to: Mike.Wohletz

Great!  Thank You-

Hopefully I'll get to give it a run next week - got pulled and reassigned to another project, dang customers... Smiley Wink

Rick Hageman
Mechanical Designer
Cosmodyne, LLC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report