Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHEET METAL FLAT PATTERN MEASURES + TEMPLATE

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
504 Views, 1 Reply

SHEET METAL FLAT PATTERN MEASURES + TEMPLATE

Hi,

here the case:

1) create and save a sheet metal template with  one custom iProp in it (=<FLAT PATTERN WIDTH> x <FLAT PATTERN LENGTH>).

2) From a multibody part (with bodies created using different planes and orientation)> Make Components>Creating an IAM using  the prepared sheet metal template, to convert the bodies in sheet metal parts (with the custom iprop)

Until now all ok.

But if i generate a flat pattern of a new sheet metal part created and explore the flat pattern extend (From iProperties or from Browser), result all correct excep the Width (Y)  that communicate not the real flat width but the thickness of the part.

I presume that it depend from the orientation, in fact (using edit flat pattern definition doesn't help) but selecting a face the one will be the plain face, then using the command Go to  Flat Pattern it works.

Is there a way to sane the process?  Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Moreover another issue...

In the new parts (obtained from bodies > make component> using  a sheet metal template with more sheet metal style) i can't change or switch the sheet metal styles. Even the sheet metal default...

Is there  a reason?

Thank you all!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report