Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision Table Helllllp!!!!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
highbeemer2014
263 Views, 1 Reply

Revision Table Helllllp!!!!!

As you can see I’m at the end of my tither at the moment, I’m trying to add a revision table onto my idw file which will then automatically be copied onto the next sheet and the next sheet etc.,, this is to include all the information that is inputted into the table on any sheet to be copied to all sheets.

Is this possible and if yes how? And if not why not!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mslosar
in reply to: highbeemer2014

If you don't know, there are two types of revision tables. One that works on a per sheet basis and another that works on a per idw basis.

If you use the on that's on a per drawing file basis, you can add the same revision box to each sheet in your file (i just did this as a test). As far as programmatically, i'd imagine it's pretty much finding all the revision tables in a drawing, (and sounds like there should just be one) and re-inserting it on subseuqent pages.

There's sample code in the help file for looping through an existing revision box.

As far as automating the process through code, you'd have to figure out what the point is you want to place it at on your drawings (x,y coord), and as you loop through sheets place table at that point. Apologies but I don't have time to work out the code at the moment, but that's pretty much how you'd have to do it. You can access the first table with this from the sample code i believe:

' Set a reference to the drawing document.
    ' This assumes a drawing document is active.
    Dim oDrawDoc As DrawingDocument
    Set oDrawDoc = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument

' Set a reference to the first revision table on the active sheet.
    ' This assumes that a revision table is on the active sheet.
    Dim oRevTable As RevisionTable
    Set oRevTable = oDrawDoc.ActiveSheet.RevisionTables.Item(1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report