Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning borrowed licenses

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mikael.bjork
359 Views, 2 Replies

Returning borrowed licenses

Hi

I would like to know if it is possible to find out if Inventor is using a borrowed license through some api.

Can one return borrowed licenses through an api?

This does not appear to be possible using the regular Inventor API

regards

Mikael Björk

MCAD Sverige

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: mikael.bjork

The license manager status enquiry will let you know.  If the license is borrowed, then you will see (linger) next to the user with the borrowed license.  Subsequently, this borrowed license is kept in the Flexnet key in the Windows registry on the client.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
ekinsb
in reply to: mikael.bjork

Regarding accessing and workign with license via the Inventor API.  There are not currently any capabilities of doing this. It would be nice to have some general licesning functionality available outside of Inventor since the same licensing is shared by multiple Autodesk products, but this also does not currently exist.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report