Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReplaceReference swaps all views in the IDW instead of the specified view

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
insomnix
255 Views, 0 Replies

ReplaceReference swaps all views in the IDW instead of the specified view

I have several iparts that are doors or drawer fronts. There is a desire to have 1 print for every door or front. For every ipart factory there are between 35 and 100 parts. I have been working on a macro that will swap each door and auto create a pdf and an idw for every door within the factory. The problem I'm running into is that I have a detail view from a door that I do not want to swap. I iterate through all the views, and I only want to raplace the views with specific names, in this case the front, back, and iso.

So lets say I'm using door -06 for a close up detail view. The code starts, itterates through doors -01 through -06, and swaps out everything fine. However, at -07 it swaps out my detail view for the -07 door and contiinues swaping it until I hit all 90+ doors.

Below is an excerpt from my module and you can see I'm using ReplaceReference to swap out the door.

'iterate through the rows
    Dim oRow As iPartTableRow
    For Each oRow In oFactory.TableRows
        'make this the active row so the model will recompute.
        oFactory.DefaultRow = oRow

'get the name of the ipart
        oMemberFile = oRow.PartName
        oMemberName = oRow.MemberName

oMemberWidth = oParentPartDoc.ComponentDefinition.Parameters.Item("width").Value * 10 ' select parametr by name
        oMemberLength = oParentPartDoc.ComponentDefinition.Parameters.Item("length").Value * 10 ' select parametr by name
        oMemberThick = oParentPartDoc.ComponentDefinition.Parameters.Item("thickness").Value * 10 ' select parametr by name
        oMemberTemplate = oRow.Item(iTemplateColumnIndex).Value 'oParentPartDoc.ComponentDefinition.Parameters.Item("template").Value ' select parametr by name

ScaleH = (WindowH - 2 * ViewSpacing) / (oMemberWidth + oMemberLength + oMemberThick)
        ScaleV = (WindowV - ViewSpacing) / (oMemberLength + oMemberThick)

If Len(Dir(templatesfileLocation & oMemberTemplate & ".idw")) > 0 Then

'get the drawing template
            Set oDrawingDoc = ThisApplication.Documents.Open(templatesfileLocation & oMemberTemplate & ".idw")
            Set oSheet = oDrawingDoc.ActiveSheet

'get the drawing view
            Dim oView As DrawingView
            For Each oView In oSheet.DrawingViews
                Select Case oView.Name
                Case "FRONT", "BACK", "ISO"
                    Call oView.ReferencedDocumentDescriptor.ReferencedFileDescriptor.ReplaceReference(ipartsfileLocation & oMemberFile)

If ScaleH > ScaleV Then
                        oView.[Scale] = ScaleV
                    Else
                        oView.[Scale] = ScaleH
                    End If
                Case Else

End Select
            Next

Call oDrawingDoc.Update2(True)
            'save copy as one new idw using the member name in the prints folder
            Call oDrawingDoc.SaveAs(printsfileLocation & oMemberName & ".idw", True)
            Call oDrawingDoc.SaveAs(printsfileLocation & oMemberName & ".pdf", True)
        End If
    Next

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report