Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended books for constrained based physics

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
356 Views, 4 Replies

Recommended books for constrained based physics

Hi,

I am writing a simple C++ plugin that would essentially emulate what the simulation part of Inventor does. In other words convert assembly constraints into joints and then animate the assembly based on said physical constraints. I was wondering if anyone knew of good books or resources that would help. I am looking for physics driven publications, with however a strong emphasis on computer simulation applications. Anything helps!

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
philippe.leefsma
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Serge,

I don't know of a specific book to recomend about constrained physics, there should be plenty of resources out there on the web. But one of the best physics engine is the Bullet library and it's free:

http://bulletphysics.org/wordpress/

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: philippe.leefsma

Philippe,

I does help, I thank you for that. However, the mathematics, and the physics behind the Bullet library is what I need to understand, hence the quest for a book. I also hear what you say about there being plenty of resources online, but although you are correct, I would rather have a nicely written, pedagogical at heart, book to refer to.

Thank you for your time!

-Serge

Message 4 of 5
jdkriek
in reply to: Anonymous

Serge,

I would highly recommend books like Theory of Mechanisms and Machines

It really helped with a few projects similar to yours.

Jonathan D. Kriek
MFG Solutions Engineer
KETIV Technologies, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jdkriek

Jonathan,

I am taking a look at the book and that seems to be exactly what I am looking for! Thanks a lot!

Keep'em coming.

-Serge

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report