Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the Object Model

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bkline1
229 Views, 2 Replies

Question about the Object Model

Can anyone tell me where to find or if there is good information on the Objects that you see in Inventor's Object model? I understand how to utilize the object model, but some of the object are foreign too me. That is, I have never had to use them, therefore, I do not know if there may be an object that can help me complete a task... For example. "TransactionManager".... If you look this up in the object browser or in programmer help etc. There is nothing that tells you specifically what it is, what it does and how to utilize this.... Obviously, many of you already know what this is and how to use it. How did you find out? Where did you get the information? How about the "ChangeManager"?

Thanks...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
PACDrafting
in reply to: bkline1

The best way to find out is to use the software. But I'm unaware of any documents for this.

If you find 1 let me know.

Sorry can't help.

Message 3 of 3
bkline1
in reply to: PACDrafting

Thanks for the reply... I have been asking the same question for some years now. I have a task to perform and I'm not sure how to accomplish it. You can stare at the object model for hours (or look at the intellisense) where some objects sound like they may be what you need. Without documentation.... It takes hours of trial and error to figure out if your even barking up the right tree...

Thanks...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report