Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem reading Excel Cells if they contain formula values

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
AlexFielder
403 Views, 3 Replies

Problem reading Excel Cells if they contain formula values

Somewhat related to this topic can anyone tell me why iLogic seems unable to read values from Excel worksheets when the values contained therein are generated by an Excel formula (VLOOKUP for instance)?

Do I really need to copy/paste as text all the cell values I wish to make use of?

Thanks,

Alex.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

Can I understand your question is:  if the cell is a formula, iLogic cannot read the value out? 

I simply made an excel with one cell which is formula, and read it from iLogic. It works well. 

Could you elaborate the question with neccessary snapshot of demo files?

111.jpg

GoExcel.Open("c:\temp\Book1.xlsx", "Sheet1")

DimoV

oV = GoExcel.CellValue("c:\temp\Book1.xlsx", "Sheet1", "C1")

MsgBox(oV)

GoExcel.Close 

Message 3 of 4

Hi Xiaodong,

It's been while since we last spoke. 😉

Having looked into this again since posting, I think the problem I was having stems from my copy of Excel having an addin called "Regex Find-Replace" installed; the cells iLogic had an issue with were referencing cells with formulae generated by that tool.

When I get time I'll post a spreadsheet containing some of the formulae I am referring to- although you'd need that addin installed to be able to see the formulae so maybe it's a waste of time?

Thanks,

Alex.

Message 4 of 4

Hi Alex,

firstly, sorry for our late response.

if an expected behavior is wrong, it is worth to know, and we can report it to the engineer team if it is indeed an issue. But if the problem occurred by 3rd tool, it will be hard for us to know how it happened. for such scenario, what we could help is to get to know your exact requirement, and try to find the workaround without the 3rd tool.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report