Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical Properties

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
c1fowler
886 Views, 5 Replies

Physical Properties

Two questions.

Is there a way to add new materials to physical properties?

Is there a cloud feature in Inventor for drawings, or is that something that can only be done in Autocad Mechanical and Mechanical Desktop?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
YuhanZhang
in reply to: c1fowler

For #1 question, when you use the Materials.Add method to add a new material, the new material would be displayed on Physical properties tab.

For #2 question, yes we provide a Cloud feature in drawing via an addin(DrawingTools addin), you can get this feature after installing the UserTools.msi in SDK. You can find the UserTools.msi from below directory:

XP:                X:\Program Files\Autodesk\[Inventor version]\SDK

Vista/Win7:   X:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\[Inventor version]\SDK\

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
ars7777777
in reply to: c1fowler

I am interested in aslo adding materials and thier properties for simulation purposes. However I can not find the method for adding them. I tried to search based on your reply of "Material.add" and thier were no results.

Message 4 of 6
YuhanZhang
in reply to: ars7777777

You can either use the Materials.Add or Material.Copy to create a new Material, and then modify its properties with proper values.

Hope this helps.

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
gandyo
in reply to: YuhanZhang

can you create a quick tutorial on this. I can't find the add material button. 

Message 6 of 6
YuhanZhang
in reply to: gandyo

If you mention a button,  I guess you want to add a new material through UI. You could do this as attached picture shows, on the Styles and Standard Editor, right click a material and choose New Style command, this would creae a copy material against the selected material, and you can rename it and modify the physical parameters with proper values.

Hope this helps.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report