Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnFileSaveAsDialog event won't fire

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
djreesing
691 Views, 1 Reply

OnFileSaveAsDialog event won't fire

Hi there,

In my vb.net addin I use the FileUIEvents.OnFileSaveAsDialog event. In Inventor 2011 this worked fine, but now in 2013 this event doesn't fire anymore.

I've declared the variable:

Public WithEvents oFileUIEvents As FileUIEvents

And in the activate sub I have this code:

oFileUIEvents = m_inventorApplication.FileUIEvents

I've tried to delete the event and recreate it, it now looks like this:

Private Sub oFileUIEvents_OnFileSaveAsDialog(ByRef FileTypes() As String, SaveCopyAs As Boolean, ParentHWND As Integer, ByRef FileName As String, Context As Inventor.NameValueMap, ByRef HandlingCode As Inventor.HandlingCodeEnum) Handles oFileUIEvents.OnFileSaveAsDialog

MsgBox("test")

End Sub

But it just doesn't work. Is there something changed in the behavior of this event after Inventor 2011? Are there more people having problems with this? I'm kinda stuck here so any help would be appreciated.

Daniël

UPDATE:

I just created a new addin with the wizard and put the same code in there. Strangely it does work now, anyone an idea what can prevent the event from firing in my existing addin?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
djreesing
in reply to: djreesing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report