Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numbers in iProperties in German Inventor show as 10, not 10,0

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
LiamSmith2
280 Views, 1 Reply

Numbers in iProperties in German Inventor show as 10, not 10,0

As the subject line says, in German Inventor when I programmatically create an iProperty of type number, it is created properly only if the numbers past the decimal delimeter are not zeros. This can be also reproduced when an iProperty is created manually.

number submitted as 10,23 will show as 10,23 ; but when 10,0 is submitted, it shows in iProperties as 10,

A possible workaround is to show the iProperty as a text type, but I will go this route as the last resort.

We need to show the zeros past the decimal delimeter to indicate precision in our engineering data.

This works correctly in American\English Inventor.

I've logged a support request with technical services, but I am not getting anywhere with them.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
LiamSmith2
in reply to: LiamSmith2

This issues has been identified as a current bug in Inventor. Here are replies from Autodesk Support:

Subject: Regarding [CaseNo:07915534.] Number formatting in European Inventor versions
Body:
Hi Adam,
I'm Dennis from Inventor Support Team Germany. I tested your described behavior and I can see the same issue here.As Xiaodong Liang already mentioned, this was sent to our QA to check and now it is confirmed.So our development has to take action. Cos of this I will close the case now. By the way, I don'd know if this information could be useful for you:If you use parameters to export the parameter to iProperties you will notice that it works. This would be the workflow:Go to ParametersAdd a new numeric parameter ["Numerischen Parameter hinzufügen"], for example "Test"As Unit/Type ["Einheitentyp"] select "Unitless" ["ohneEinheit (oE)"]Enter a Vaule, for example "10,000"Check the parameter for Exort ["Exportparameter"]Now go to Custom Property Format ["Benutzerdefiniertes Eigenschaftsformat..."] of this parameterChange Property Type ["Eigenschaftstyp"] to "Number" ["Anzahl"] and confirm with OKLeave the parameters dialog with ["Fertig"]Go to iProperties, tab Custom ["Benutzerdefiniert"]You can see your "Test"-parameter as Property with a value of "10" (and not "10,") as type ["Typ"] "Number" ["Anzahl"]I hope this information is helpful. If you have further questions to this topic please let me know.

Dennis Ossadnik
Autodesk Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report