Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for help setting up a rule- New to iLogic.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
borowskia
337 Views, 1 Reply

Looking for help setting up a rule- New to iLogic.

Hey Everyone!

I'm just starting to dabble in iLogic and attempting to learn the sytnax, but I learn better with examples, and wondering if some of you could help me to understand and build a rule for my template.

I have built a custom material library, so that I can choose my materials from the true material list. By default, this is the value that populates my titleblock.

For example, in the material drop down list I choose '304L STAINLESS STEEL,' and this is what populates the material field of my block.

Now, in some instances, I do need an odball material to be called out, and I may leave my material set to default - however I do not want my titleblock to say default. I would like to create a custom parameter in the .ipt iProperties called Custom_Matl, and set up a rule that directs iLogic to check if a value for "Custom_Matl" has been entered. If so, this value would supersceed the 'Material' property of the .ipt in the titleblock. If the value is blank, the 'Material' property is displayed.

Hopefully I've explained this clearly enough, and hope someone can help me out!

Thank You!

Andrew Borowski
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
adam.nagy
in reply to: borowskia

Hi,

Did you try to do the same through the UI? That usually helps identify what's possible.

I think the simplest would be if you created the extra material you need inside the Inventor document. In this case you could keep using the title block that is referencing the MATERIAL property of the model.

Depending on which Inventor version you are using you'd have to do it differently - it was changing in Inventor 2013 and may not even be possible in that release, but it could be done in Inventor 2014.

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report