Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leap Motion

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
derek.s
2520 Views, 14 Replies

Leap Motion

Just curious if anyone has seen this device coming soon? It could replace 3d mice, mice, keyboards, and touchscreens. Check it out. I am not a programmer myself so I was hoping someone from Autodesk or one of you programmers to sign up for SDK so we can get this device to work with Inventor! Another amazing thing is you can pre-order it for only $70. This is a dream come true.

Here is the link.

hwww.leapmotion.com

Regards,

Derek

PS I am not involved with them or any advertising. I just found this on my frequent site, Singularityhub.com. Just wanted to share my info to everyone in this community!

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
jdkriek
in reply to: derek.s

Pretty cool, but don't think this (Inventor Customization) is the appropriate section.

Jonathan D. Kriek
MFG Solutions Engineer
KETIV Technologies, Inc.

Message 3 of 15
tonyj

I too have seen this, and it does look very exciting.

I intend to see If our development team can do anything with it.

Message 4 of 15
tjustice

Has Autodesk taking this to the development team? Any progress?

Autodesk?

Message 5 of 15
ekinsb
in reply to: tjustice

I've worked with it some, as you can see in this video. I'm still unsure exactly what I would do with it in Inventor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWFFnQ3gGwM

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 6 of 15
RichardCizik7701
in reply to: ekinsb

Bruce,

Is the interface application demostrated in the youtube video available? Also which version was it demonstrated with?

I was thinking about getting one of the leap motion controllers to use for that exact purpose with Inventor and Design Review, as it will make it easier to view large assemblies on my screen both during system design and customer reviews.  Functionality to disassemble not needed, only need for view manipulation.

Thanks,

Rich Cizik

System Designer

Sonic Corp

Message 7 of 15
ekinsb
in reply to: RichardCizik7701

Hi Rich,

What you see in the video is a prototype of work I was doing.  The purpose that you're suggesting for it's use seems plausible and could be kind of cool for a presentation type of environment.  My plate is quite full right now but I'll try and get back to my app and get it in a state that it could be delivered for you to try out.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 8 of 15
derek.s

Hi,

I am interested in trying it out as well. I do many presentations here
almost daily.

Thanks,
Derek
Message 9 of 15
GeorgK

Hi,

I am interested in trying it out as well.

Thank you

Georg

Message 10 of 15
tneff2
in reply to: GeorgK

Hello,

I'd like to give it a go too. I just got mine in the mail a couple of days ago. It's already been very interesting discovering all the things it can do.

Thanks,

-Thomas

Message 11 of 15
tmoney2007

I have a leap and I'd be interested in this.  Let me know if you need any beta testers.

Message 12 of 15
trafficbikes

Interested as well! 

Message 13 of 15
GeorgK

Hello Brian,

please could you send me the software. I got a controller today.

Thank you very much Georg

Message 14 of 15
techfreakz

Surely one of the most useful applications of such an analog device would be when trying to lay cables in Routed Systems mode.

I can envisage it being a very agile way of manipulating a cable point in 3D space, pushing it around objects and creating very natural curves.

Combine it with 3D heads-up display like the Oculus Rift and the process could be sped-up dramatically.

Message 15 of 15
albertuschw

sry i still noob about LeapMotion

i have seen your youtube video, how you make it? using program from leapmotion? or you make program using SDK?

any update about this tool on Inventor? thx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report