Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard shortcuts for macros not remembered

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
MSengr
493 Views, 6 Replies

Keyboard shortcuts for macros not remembered

Hello,

I made a post over in the regular 'Autodesk Inventor' forums and didn't get a response, so I would just like to bring it up here to see if anyone has had similar issues.

If I set a keyboard shortcut for a macro, it will function properly until the session is closed. When Inventor is opened again, the shortcut will not be on the keyboard customization list. So far, all shortcuts for regular Inventor functions, and even Add-Ins, will stay present when the session is closed and opened. I've been able to reproduce this on a co-worker's computer, so I don't believe it is an issue related to my system. I am running Inventor 2012.

I have searched for a solution to this problem and haven't found a definitive answer. It seems to have been an issue for some in the past. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
karthur1
in reply to: MSengr

That is one reason that I did not load 2012.  Two solutions and you wont like either.

1.  After you get the keystrokes assigned, export the customization.  The next time you start Inventor, import the customization.

2. Load Inventor 2013.

Message 3 of 7
MSengr
in reply to: karthur1

You're right, not exactly the type of solution I'm looking for, that extra step seems like an unnecessary work around to a seemingly simple problem. But that seems to be the only viable solution (I have seen it mentioned in other posts), so it should be able to work for the time being. Thank you for the suggestions.

Message 4 of 7
xiaodong_liang

Hi,

As far as I know, this may be that the account may have not enough privilege. You could check if it is Administrator, or UAC is on etc…

In addition, I still suggest you post in Inventor board. The board of API may not have more peers to answer product questions.

Message 5 of 7
MSengr
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Thank you for the reply Xiaodong. I have tried running as administrator and my keyboard shortcuts were still not remembered.

I did get one response in the other forum thread that I created, but the suggested solution was the same work around suggested by karthur1 - exporting current settings, then importing when a new session is opened. I still don't really consider this as a solution because the purpose of these macros is to save time and cut down on steps. This work around actually creates steps. It does save time in the end, but I am still looking for a more concrete solution.

Message 6 of 7
xiaodong_liang

Hi,

I did not still get any better solution. Did you notice the behavior occurs with any versions of Inventor, any OS, any languages?

Message 7 of 7
MSengr
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

I have only had the opportunity try with Inventor 2012, Windows 7, English.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report