Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a possibility to change the position of an iLogic InputListBox?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Passi
775 Views, 4 Replies

Is there a possibility to change the position of an iLogic InputListBox?

Hi, following problem. We have one ilogic rule with different types of User controled boxes. 1x InputListBox 2x InputBoxes Both InputBoxes appears in the center of the screen. The InputListBox appears in the upper left croner of the screen. That's not optimal for the user 🙂 This problem only occurs when I call the rule via .net program in the User Interface. The Problem does not occur when I load the rule via runRule in the iLogic Rule Browser. Best Regards from Passi
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Passi

Passi,

Did you ever find a solution to this?  I was searching for this issue and came across your post.

Thanks,

Randy

Message 3 of 5
Passi

Hi,

no, or at least not until now 🙂

I asked Autodesk via Subscription Support request and this was the answer:

No, you cannot define the position of the iLogic form, it will always appear in the
last used position. You can resize the form during runtime by RMB in the form.
You cannot control the position.

So, it seems to be not possible to change the position. And what it means: "It will appear in the last used position", I cannot tell. Because I can move the dialog across the screen and it will never remember it's position.

Autodesk put my question into the discussion group but also with no result.

If you may discover something, please let me know.

All you can do otherwise is to put it into an normal iLogic form and fix the position by putting it in the area of the inventor browser. Then it's always at that position. But for my use it's not enough.

Best Regards

Passi

Message 4 of 5
Cadmanto

Apparently this is still a problem.  I just had Inventor 2015 reloaded on my machine and my iLogic form ALWAYS comes in on top of the main browser.  Wasn't like this in the previous load.  I always have to drag it out and reposition.  To the point response from Autodesk, it does not remember or retain its previous position.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 5
MechMachineMan
in reply to: Cadmanto

I would assume this is as designed.

The point of the iLogic stuff is to provide quick, easy access to things for beginners.

If you want to control the position of it, make a WPF and set the options in there, then import the .dll you create with it for use in a rule.

Good Luck!

--------------------------------------
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the 'Accept as Solution' or 'Like' button below.

Justin K
Inventor 2018.2.3, Build 227 | Excel 2013+ VBA
ERP/CAD Communication | Custom Scripting
Machine Design | Process Optimization

iLogic/Inventor API: Autodesk Online Help | API Shortcut In Google Chrome | iLogic API Documentation
Vb.Net/VBA Programming: MSDN | Stackoverflow | Excel Object Model
Inventor API/VBA/Vb.Net Learning Resources: Forum Thread

Sample Solutions:Debugging in iLogic ( and Batch PDF Export Sample ) | API HasSaveCopyAs Issues |
BOM Export & Column Reorder | Reorient Skewed Part | Add Internal Profile Dogbones |
Run iLogic From VBA | Batch File Renaming| Continuous Pick/Rename Objects

Local Help: %PUBLIC%\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2018\Local Help

Ideas: Dockable/Customizable Property Browser | Section Line API/Thread Feature in Assembly/PartsList API Static Cells | Fourth BOM Type

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report