Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iproperties Customizing Box Name (Stock Number)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
BBPFAB
362 Views, 5 Replies

Iproperties Customizing Box Name (Stock Number)

In the Iproperties project tab I would like to change the "Stock Number" name to "A.R.M.-PN:". I need to reference 2 part numbers in my IPT Iproperties. This will then show up on the Parts List as a column which I can add. Or I would like to add a new dialog box to the "Project Tab". Is there a easy way to do this in 2011 Inventor Professional?

Thanks,

Aaron J. Potts  "Pottsy"

Metal Artist/Mechanical Designer

Built By Pottsy LLC

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jdkriek
in reply to: BBPFAB

You can combine two part numbers into a iProperty a few diffrent ways

With iLogic it's a little less likely that the new stock number will be overidden. The example below shows you the basic format. You can pull PartNumber1 and PartNumber2 from where you need to, even other iProperties as shown. Remember to place an event trigger on the iLogic rule like "Before Save Document"

PartNumber1 = iProperties.Value("Project", "Part Number")
PartNumber2 = iProperties.Value("Project", "Stock Number")
iProperties.Value("Custom", "A.R.M.-PN:") = PartNumber1 & " : " & PartNumber2

iLogickriek.JPG

You can also put something like this directly into the iProperty - though it can be overidden.

Notice the "=" before the variables. That starts the formula in the iProperty field. See the attached screenshot.

=<Part Number> : <Stock Number>

ipropkriek.JPG

Hope that helps!

Jonathan D. Kriek
MFG Solutions Engineer
KETIV Technologies, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
BBPFAB
in reply to: jdkriek

Ok.... Cool.. I Think That Will Get Me Where I Need To Be...!

Us Carroll County Boys Are A Little Slow Be We Catch On Fast.. 🙂

Thanks,

Pottsy

Message 4 of 6
jdkriek

Glad I could help.

Jonathan D. Kriek
MFG Solutions Engineer
KETIV Technologies, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
BBPFAB
in reply to: jdkriek

Ok, I am back on this again. Check out the attached picture. I would like to change the names in the Iproperties and the save that as a template part. Can this be done easily?

Message 6 of 6
jdkriek

As far as I know you can't change a standard iProperty name like you are wanting, but you can decide what gets written in the input field.

You are better off just creating custom iProperties with those names and then outputting that information to the orginal iProperty fields that you need.

Jonathan D. Kriek
MFG Solutions Engineer
KETIV Technologies, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report