Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor VBA forms error - "ClassFactory cannot supply requested class"

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
4004 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor VBA forms error - "ClassFactory cannot supply requested class"

Hi all,

I've got an issue with a VBA project, and it's not limited to Inventor.

When I try to use VBA Projects which contain userforms I get the following error message.

1-02-2012 8-08-27 AM.jpg

I've googled it and found several suggestions, and solutions but none of them work for me. I'm really clutching at straws, but I've isolated the issues to some forms, so I suspect a particular control, or set of controls are to blame, but I've replaced the MSCOMCTL.OCX (Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0) and FM20.dll (Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library) with files from a working PC, but that hasn't solved the issue...

I'm not sure what else I can try. Our IT department wants to Nuke my PC, and reinstall windows but I'm sure we don't need to go to that effort...

Any suggestions at all?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Solved the problem (Finally!)

Downloaded the VB6 Update from Microsoft,  extracted MSCOMCTL.OCX and MSCOMCT2.OCX copied them to C:\Windows\SysWow64 then registered them with regsvr32.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

i have download vb6 from microsoft , and installed it but still i face same problem , the last part from your solution i didnt get or maybe i am doing something wrong with it , can you plz guide me ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report