Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor API help

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
wowens63
522 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor API help

is it posible to write a plug in that runs when a user does someting.

example. you start inventor and open a assembly file the user selects a part and the plugin automatically runs.

no pussing buttons, no quick key, it just runs.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Gruff
in reply to: wowens63

There is probably a way to do that.  You might have to write your own part import tool as the standard import tool does not fire any events that I know of....  I would have to look into it.

Searching...

Okay,  Looks like there is an event called. OnNewOccurance.

It fires whenever an assembly occurrance is added.

That said.

I have been writing software interfaces for over 20 years.  I can tell you that doing what you ask in not a good idea.

It does not give your end user the option to escape the process.  Incidentally another area you want to avoid is any kind of automatic file saving or deletion.  Inevitibly it shoots you in the foot.  Some decisions are best left up to the user.

Message 3 of 3
wowens63
in reply to: Gruff

Thank you for your reply and your insight. I know with autocad lisp I have wrote reactors for autocad but was not sure about Inventor and was not sure if that was even a good idea to try. so again thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report