Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 8 crashing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
118 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 8 crashing

Hi All, I have a custom application built in VB 6.0 I launch some routines and perform various operations on Inventor files without problem, but when I try to clean up and close my Inventor object and set it to Nothing, I get a crash and one of those General Autodesk errors. Has anyone else experienced behavior like this? What are some possible reasons behind this? HAs anyone heard about problems with Inventor when an Antivirus software is installed and running? Thx!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Mike: Is this an add-in or stand-alone exe? In an add-in you should set your Inventor object to nothing in the ApplicationAddInServer_Deactivate() event in your main add-in class. Do you have it elsewhere? If so, perhaps this is causing the Hard Crash. Private Sub ApplicationAddInServer_Deactivate() Set INVapp = Nothing End Sub rw -- Robert A. Williams http://www.leacar.com "Mike Rand" wrote in message news:40bf649d$1_3@newsprd01... Hi All, I have a custom application built in VB 6.0 I launch some routines and perform various operations on Inventor files without problem, but when I try to clean up and close my Inventor object and set it to Nothing, I get a crash and one of those General Autodesk errors. Has anyone else experienced behavior like this? What are some possible reasons behind this? HAs anyone heard about problems with Inventor when an Antivirus software is installed and running? Thx!
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Actually this is a stand-alone EXE, so I am destroying my object at the end of my cusPrintDrawings() subroutine. Thanks for the tip anyways, because I will creating some add-ins in the near future. The strangest thing is that on my development machine it works perfect and at the client site when I installed it, it crashes on ALL 3 machines that I installed my app on! All machines are XP pro, Inv 8 + SP1, and essentially my app performs its required task, its just that this Autodesk error box pops up when I destroy the Inv object, which doesnt even affect my app, but it just looks and sounds awful, like something has gone catastrophically wrong. Ugh... "RobertWilliams" wrote in message news:40bf7593_2@newsprd01... > Mike: Is this an add-in or stand-alone exe? > > In an add-in you should set your Inventor object to nothing in the > ApplicationAddInServer_Deactivate() event in your main add-in class. Do you > have it elsewhere? If so, perhaps this is causing the Hard Crash. > > Private Sub ApplicationAddInServer_Deactivate() > > Set INVapp = Nothing > > End Sub > > rw > -- > Robert A. Williams > http://www.leacar.com > > "Mike Rand" wrote in message > news:40bf649d$1_3@newsprd01... > Hi All, > > I have a custom application built in VB 6.0 > > I launch some routines and perform various operations on Inventor files > without problem, but when I try to clean up and close my Inventor object and > set it to Nothing, I get a crash and one of those General Autodesk errors. > > Has anyone else experienced behavior like this? What are some possible > reasons behind this? HAs anyone heard about problems with Inventor when an > Antivirus software is installed and running? > > Thx! > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report