Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 32bits and 64bits API

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
FRPT1257
540 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 32bits and 64bits API

It will possible run the same application addin in both Inventors 32bits and 64bits?

For example, if the addin is developend in 32bits it will work in Inventor 64bits plataform?

Or it will be necessary create and compile 2 different addins?

For example in Office 2013 it will be possible compile the addin for both platforms and use the same addin in both offices (32bits and 64bits).

Thanks & Regards,

Rui

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
philippe.leefsma
in reply to: FRPT1257

If you use a .Net add-in then it's possible, because your add-in is compiled with "Any CPU" (by default), so it is compiled into machine code at runtime.

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 4
FRPT1257
in reply to: philippe.leefsma

I am using a .Net add-in compiled with "Any CPU".

I have the Inventor 32bits installed. When I add references like "adwindows", "Autodesk.Inventor.Interop.dll" from my Inventor 32bits, the addin still supporting any cpu?

These dlls support any cpu?

Thanks & Regards,

Rui

Message 4 of 4
philippe.leefsma
in reply to: FRPT1257

That should not be a problem: for "Autodesk.Inventor.Interop.dll" definitely. For the adwindows.dll, set it to Copy Local = False. It will be loaded anyway by whatever version of Inventor your addin gets loaded into.

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report