Inventor Customization

Active Contributor
r.ernstberger
Message 1 of 2 (124 Views)

Inventor 2012: Sample SimpleExe (C++) fails

124 Views, 1 Replies
01-30-2012 09:06 AM

Hi all,

i ve compiled the SimpleExe sample with VisualStudio 2008 on Win7 64bit.

When i start it, it can create a new instance of Inventor and print out the related informations.

When i restart the SimpleExe.exe and try to connect to a running instance (taskmager proofs there is one), it fails.

Result ist the built in error message "*** Could not get hold of an active Inventor application ***

No other software was started between the invoke of SimpleExe.exe the second time.

The error is caused by the line

Result = ::GetActiveObject (InvAppClsid, NULL, &pInvAppUnk);

I searched in this forum and found some topics on this, but no one was with Inventor 2012 and Win7 64bit and C++.

Can anyone try this on a similar configuration and give me some info on the results?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Active Contributor
r.ernstberger
Message 2 of 2 (104 Views)

Re: Inventor 2012: Sample SimpleExe (C++) fails

02-06-2012 10:27 AM in reply to: r.ernstberger

Sad,

no one here doing development with C++ ...

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube