Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 Addin Load sequence

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mario.lung
370 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor 2012 Addin Load sequence

Hi,

Any One knows what the inventor addin load sequence is

i want first load addin and then load another addin what i create it

so how can i handle it any hints or tips

thx for help

Mario

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi Mario,

In the past releases addins were loaded in the alphabetical order of their registry GUID, but with the .addin file based mechanism, this is no longer the case.

We do not document the loading sequence and developers should not assume anything regarding the load order.  There are a lot of variables as far as if the add-in is specified for a specific document type or if the user has changed a setting and an override .addin file has been created, etc.  Some of the current loading is dependent on how the OS returns information which isn’t guaranteed.  It’s also possible that it could change in the future if we add additional directories.  The safest thing to do as an add-in writer is not assume any load order.

The best approach would be to wait for the Application.OnReady event which isn’t fired until all add-ins that were specified to load at start-up have loaded. Add-ins that are loaded based on document type still won’t be loaded though.

Other options would be to connect from one addin to another one and fire an event. The approach would be similar to the one exposed in that post. You could also create a custom loader for your addins, but that would be unecessarily complex I believe.

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report