Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface not registered: Broken connection with Excel within Ilogic commands

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Ktomberlin
12205 Views, 7 Replies

Interface not registered: Broken connection with Excel within Ilogic commands

I've got a single machine that exhibits this behavior on both Inventor 2013 and now 2014.  I can't seem to find a post anywhere that would suggest what the issue is.  I have a ilogic macro that fills in the iproporties of Project/Project based on file name and a look up to excel.  I know i could do it inside of ilogic or a text file but it is easier to modify in excel and does work on all other comptuters and use to work on this one. When Inventor is first opened, and you open a drawing and run the macro for the first time you get this error.

oFileName = ThisDoc.FileName(False) 'without extension
Dim _Folder As String
Dim F_Finder As String
'If iProperties.Value("Project", "Project")= NullString
	'iProperties.Value("Project", "Part Number")
	F_Finder = (Left(oFileName,4))
	'GoExcel.Open("C:\Vault_Workspace\Folders.xlsx", "Sheet1")
	'GoExcel.TitleRow = 1
	i = GoExcel.FindRow("C:\Vault_Workspace\Folders.xlsx", "Sheet1", "Part" ,  "=", F_Finder)
	_Folder = GoExcel.CurrentRowValue("Folder")
	iProperties.Value("Project", "Project") = PDF_Folder
	'End If
	_Folder = iProperties.Value("Project", "Project") 

folders.JPG

error 1.png

error1tab2.png

then if you run it again you get the this error.

error2.png

Now this error would make sense if the part number isn't in the list, but it is normally. 

Anyone have any insight into why both 2013 & 2014 would be doing this?  Next to going back to a old restore point which for some reason would be back in 2010 and re-installing 2013 again. i'm at a loss. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
thomaskennedy
in reply to: Ktomberlin

Have you tried repairing your Microsoft Office installation through Add/ Remove programs in the Control Panel?

Message 3 of 8
Ktomberlin
in reply to: thomaskennedy

Yes i did yesterday after i posted this thread.  The error does point to office. 

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040155): Interface not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040155)

at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass.get_LanguageSettings()

I was trying to see if it was a Net Framework issue as well.  I found this

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/fbdfbade-3646-48ae-b35e-a4455d5c9cba/interface-...

but these registry keys seem to exist and be configured correctly. 

Message 4 of 8

Hi Ktomberlin,

Machine specific issues are hard to address... I doubt anyone will be able to give you some insights to what the issue is. As far as I'm aware this behavior has never been reported before. My initial thought would have been the same than what thomaskennedy suggested, that is trying a repair of your Office install. A more extreme thing to try is a full uninstall/reinstall of Office, or at least Excel.

You may want to try directly from VBA and see if you can reproduce the issue there. If you don't you may want to invoke the working VBA code from iLogic instaed.

I hope it helps,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 5 of 8
Ktomberlin

I've tried the office repair with 2010. Ive un-installed excel only and re-installed. Ive un-installed office 2010 and installed 2013. Ive done inventor 2013 repair. All of the above do not effect the errors. I've un-installed .net framework 4.0 and re-installed. Going to try a full Inventor un-install next. If I had a good image of this machine I would just go back to that, but we dont.
Message 6 of 8
Ktomberlin

Success.  Finally had the time to completely un-install Inventor 2014 & 2013 suites, clean the registry and re-install 2013 with all service packs and udpates.  The error does not come up when using the call to excel to look for a cell.

Thanks for trying to help. 

Message 7 of 8
Jef_E
in reply to: philippe.leefsma

We also encountered this error, had a new Dekstop setup with Inventor 2014 and Office 2016. Which should work accourding this thread.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/inventor-2014-excel-compatibility/td-p/5848094

We are also trying to figure out what to do next.

Please kudo if this post was helpfull
Please accept as solution if your problem was solved

Inventor 2014 SP2
Message 8 of 8
Ktomberlin
in reply to: Jef_E

You could try a office 2016 full repair from Program and Features in control panel. If not I'd suggest the full un-install of the Inventor suite and re-install. Its time consuming, but it should work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report