Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Surface And Extrude To it using Ilogic

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chrisrodway
486 Views, 3 Replies

Insert Surface And Extrude To it using Ilogic

Hi Everyone,

I’m a design engineer for a company that make press tooling to manufacture parts. I am trying to automate the design process using Ilogic. I know the basics but the part I’m having trouble with is importing a surface.

Our process is to 3D scan the part which then gets a surface from this and extrude up to the actual surface.

Is there any way in ilogic to automate this process. Ideally I would like it to come up with a browse button you select the surface file .stp or .iges. Once the surface is in the part file it extrudes up to the surface from a plane.

Any Ideas Anyone

Cheers

Chris

Cheers

Chris Rodway
Design Engineer
Sheffield, UK
Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply, the link you've sent is broken and chance of you posting another. It looks like it could be very useful.

Cheers

Chris

Cheers

Chris Rodway
Design Engineer
Sheffield, UK
Message 4 of 4

I am not sure why the link changed. Currently it is:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Extrusion-using-iLogic/m-p/3573250/highlight/true#M4...

In case you cannot still access, please go to the board (Autodesk Inventor) and search by "Extrude iLogic".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report