Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial Sketch Plane - Easy to Change, but what about the View?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
tdswanson
294 Views, 0 Replies

Initial Sketch Plane - Easy to Change, but what about the View?

Hey everybody:

I'm self-training and trying to get started using Inventor at our shop.  Out of the box [default], when you start a new part, Inventor will launch a sketch on the XY plane which corresponds to the "Front" view on the default view cube.

This is an easy setting to change to what I would like, which would be an initial sketch in the XZ plane.  This would correspond to the Top view on the view cube. 

However, when you start a new part, you may in the XZ sketch plane, but the initial view is the front view, not the top, so you can' see your sketch.  Is the initial view setting changed in the application settings, or do I need to edit the template?  Basically, I'd like to start a new part and be looking at the Top view and I can't seem to figure out how to do this.  Google didn't seem to want to teach me either......

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report