Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Individual Parts list in IDW for each LOD in IAM

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rmccalleng12
228 Views, 1 Reply

Individual Parts list in IDW for each LOD in IAM

Is there a way to setup an individual parts list/bill of materials in the .iam for each level of detail I have setup in my .iam???  What I'm running into is that I have an assembly file that I am using level of details to represent 2 different custom payloads for the customer but the parts list in my .idw pulls all the items and quantities of each item and I have to override the parts list for each of the level of details.  Example; 102703 has 2 variations: -01 & -02.  -01 variation has less to show for the payload items whereas -02 variation has more of the items to show for the payload.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bgarden
in reply to: rmccalleng12

This is not what Levels of Detail are designed for I'm afraid.  You need a separate assembly file (or an iAssembly) for each configuration.  This way you can assign individual part numbers to each version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report