Inventor Customization

philippelandry4954
Message 1 of 3 (427 Views)
Accepted Solution

Include a material library in INVENTOR 2013 project with api

427 Views, 2 Replies
11-20-2012 07:13 AM

I have a lot of project files to migrate from INVENTOR 2012 to 2013. So I created an VB.NET application to get and check out all project files from my VAULT, change the different paths and check in the files in the vault. However, I need to include the new material library in each project files.

Is there any way to do it ?

I found that we could change almost everything, but not include material library.

Thanks for any help

Distinguished Contributor
xdumont
Message 2 of 3 (414 Views)

Re: Include a material library in INVENTOR 2013 project with api

11-20-2012 11:52 PM in reply to: philippelandry4954

Hello,

There is no API to do that.

Then how I workarround:

First things to know, IPJ is a XML file.

Then what Iyou can do:

1) Migrate the IPJ in 2013 by changing the UsingUniqueFileNames property and get back to the initial value. This made available in the IPJ a XML block for apperance and material.

2) Perform needed change using VB.net XML tools

3) Migrate again the IPJ to be sure all is perfect.

4) Remove the IPJ with the method Remove. This improve performance by removing the IPJ Shortcut in the Inventor project Folder. I f you don't do that, all become very slow when you start apprentice server.

Hope this help you.

philippelandry4954
Message 3 of 3 (389 Views)

Re: Include a material library in INVENTOR 2013 project with api

12-04-2012 10:32 PM in reply to: xdumont

Thanks for your help. I've tried and it's working now.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube