Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ILogic

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
heyjude19
873 Views, 3 Replies

ILogic

Does anyone have a good example of ILogic in creating stairs? We generate many different widths, lengths and heights? Been trying to utalize iLogic to make all the different types more easy to create from the start. Have set angle of stringers and certain widths of treads but cannot figure out my rules on the number of treads needed per the length of my always changing stringer lengths. Stumped on how to take a cedrtain length (parameter) and divide it up equally. Top tread flush with top of horz stringer and with bottom tread having a minimum and or maximum height the from floor.

Anyone have something similar? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: heyjude19

Hi,

do you need a solution, or hit some problems with your codes?

I do not know if anybody here has something similar to what you need. I'd like to share a link on ETO which you may be interested in.

http://etosamples.autodesk.com/Staircase

Message 3 of 4
heyjude19

Thanks for that sample. Ya I am having problems with my code. More or less stuck on trying to divide a certain length/height (parameter) in equal sections and then that will become my rise. But want the rise to stay between 7.5" -9" or step height, if not add another step or end if.

Would you happen to have a sample of a straight run stairs, so I can break down the code?

Message 4 of 4
xiaodong_liang

Sorry, I have not such sample code. It is really much specific. What I can suggest is: if you hit any problems with your own code, you could isolate and share a copy here. Thus the peers here could help to diagnose. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report