Inventor Customization

Contributor
knlooi
Message 1 of 4 (433 Views)

How to setting my .ARG to be default in Inventor 2010 AutoCAD

433 Views, 3 Replies
04-14-2011 03:31 AM

Please help me regarding with Inventor 2010 AutoCAD Options "Profile setting", i need it to be default my *.ARG, i always trying to set my Profile acad as default but when i close my autocad and then reopen the AutoCAD the default profile is going back to original AutoCAD.arg, but i already Set Current my setting.

In Desktop Shortcut Icon > Properties > Target, is hide.

is there any other options in need to set to make my setting as default?

Valued Mentor
Mike.Wohletz
Message 2 of 4 (422 Views)

Re: How to setting my .ARG to be default in Inventor 2010 AutoCAD

04-14-2011 06:43 PM in reply to: knlooi

right click on the icon shortcut on your desktop and select properties, you should see something like "c:\program files\Autodesk\AcadM\acad.exe". add to the end of it to look like this: "c:\program files\Autodesk\AcadM\acad.exe /p (your profile name"

the /p at the end is telling AutoCAD to use the profile listed, you dont need to have the .arg on the name..

This question should have been posted in the AutoCAD forum section for future reference.

Contributor
knlooi
Message 3 of 4 (419 Views)

04-14-2011 10:22 PM in reply to: Mike.Wohletz

Thanks for your help, but i tried still cannot, when i open the AutoCAD the default profile is original AutoCAD.arg.

admin
Message 4 of 4 (403 Views)

04-14-2011 11:31 PM in reply to: knlooi

Mind the quotation marks and try "c:\program files\Autodesk\AcadM\acad.exe" /p "your profile name"

btw rtfm

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube