Inventor Customization

Active Contributor
Message 1 of 3 (176 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to make a new Template?

176 Views, 2 Replies
01-31-2013 01:36 AM

Hi all,

I got a .DWG drawing from a client, and tey want me to implement that template on Inventor for the furthere drawings for this new project.

Can any one help me and learn me how to make/create/ customize a newTaemplate in Inventor?

Thank you in advance

Sohaib

Valued Contributor
Message 2 of 3 (160 Views)

Re: How to make a new Template?

02-04-2013 01:59 AM in reply to: sohmoh

Hi Sohaib

When you say "implement that template on Inventor" do you then mean, implementing functions in the template, settings, og do you mean the titleblock.

As i understand you you mean title block... makes most sense to me :smileyhappy:

Making a template is relatively easy, you just save your (in this case) IDW, in the Template folder. See Application Options --> File, or look in your project file, that can be set up to overrule it. 

If you start a new IDW you can choose to create a new title block, and then you should be able to copy - paste the titleblock from the DWG you got from a client.. you will propably need to adjust it to make it fit and so on...

Hope it helps you..

/LSA-Skan

Active Contributor
Message 3 of 3 (155 Views)

Re: How to make a new Template?

02-04-2013 02:24 AM in reply to: LSA-skan

Hi Sir

That's help me, thank you.

But when I copied the .dwg I missed the <prompts>, so I had to to it all again.

Thank you again

Sohaib

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube