Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole Table Formatting - Different Text depdning on the type of hole?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tdswanson
1181 Views, 5 Replies

Hole Table Formatting - Different Text depdning on the type of hole?

Hey everyone:

I'm stumped by a quirk in my standard here.....

I've got a template with a set of Object defaults for an Inch drawing and a set for a Metric drawing.  I've just noticed that within my metric set, if I insert a hole table with tapped holes, the font on the tapped holes doesn't match the other hole types.  I'm searched around, but all the settings for the hole table style reference the same text style.  (Please see the attached image.)

So is there a way to set a certain hole type to have a certain font or size within a hole table?  Because if there is, I'd obviously like to remove it.....  But I can't seem to figure out where the issue is.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tdswanson
in reply to: tdswanson

No one has seen this issue before?  Or am I just stupid about what's going on?

Message 3 of 6
adam.nagy

Hi,

I don't know what is causing this. It might be worth asking people on the Product Support side of the forum as well.

Can you reproduce this with a very minimal, non-confidential part and drawing document?

If so, you could provide that and maybe someone could have a look at it.

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 4 of 6
tdswanson
in reply to: adam.nagy

Adam:

Please see the attached ZIP file.  I've drawn a simple plate with holes in it, created a drawing, then added a hole table with style different that default.

Note that none of the tapped holes have a hole callout, and neither does the leader that just shows a diameter symbol.  Double click the leader text that's just the diameter symbol.  Click OK and watch what happens.

FYI - I'm using IV 2012 SP 1.1

Please advise how else I can help.

Message 5 of 6
tdswanson

Adam:

Have you been able to review the attachments in my last post?

Thx

Message 6 of 6
adam.nagy

Hi,

Sorry, I was completely tied up with Developer Days and AU... and as you might have guessed from my comment I was actually hoping that someone else would have a look at the problem once you provided some files. 🙂

Anyway, I looked at the files now and it does seem like the style may be corrupted or something's wrong with it.

When I open the Styles Editor and go to "Dimensions >> Custom (B) mm Dims" (which is the style currently being used by the Hole Note) and go on the "Notes and Leaders" tab and select "Note Format" "Thru - Full Thread Tap Drill" (which is being used by the hole note for the problem holes (the B's), see attached pic, and then select "Custom (C) Inch (mm) Dims" in the tree view then I'm asked if I want to save changes, though I have not changed anything. However, once I do that and go back to the drawing all seems fine now and the hole note seems correct.

Also, this still sounds like a product and not API related problem, so might be more useful to ask about this on that part of the forum.

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report