Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Card Utilization in Silent / Non Visible Mode?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
thomaskennedy
368 Views, 2 Replies

Graphics Card Utilization in Silent / Non Visible Mode?

Hi all,

We are running multiple instances of Inventor on a workstation server with a bog standard graphics card.

These Inventor instances are loaded without the UI, in silent mode and with save reminders etc. all disabled.

We're always trying to get the best performance out of the servers and to date we've been given the impression that Inventor won't utilize the graphics card under silent / none visible mode.

Can anybody tell me if this is true?

If Inventor does still use the graphics card for some reason then we can stick a bigger card in and hopefully get some improved performance.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

The information that I received is that Inventor does use the GPU when generating renderings, even if there isn’t a visible window. For example, if you use Camera.SaveAsBitmap. The exception to this is if the “Software graphics” option is selected on the Hardware tab of the Application Options dialog.

I hope it helps,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 3

Thanks for the reply Philippe, we have got API calls to save images so it's probably worth sticking a graphics card in.

Thanks again

Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report