Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with Inventor API and COM reference

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
adhurjaty
1235 Views, 2 Replies

Getting started with Inventor API and COM reference

Hello,

I am trying to get started using the APIs with Inventor, but I am having trouble finding the documentation. There are lots of references with VBA and VB.net but I would like to develop with python or C#. I've seen sample code in C# and have run the C# code in Visual Studio and it works. I can find the names of the interfaces and classes associated with the Autodesk namespaces, but I cannot find descriptions of the numerous elements. Where do I find the documentation detailing the namespaces, classes, interfaces and so on?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
adhurjaty
in reply to: adhurjaty

Figured it out. I was looking for a file called admapi.chm. It was buried somewhere in my file tree. It is not extremely in depth, but it has pretty much what I need

Message 3 of 3
wayne.brill
in reply to: adhurjaty

Hi,

Glad you found that document. The help file is here on my system:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Local Help\admapi_18_0.chm"

There are C# examples on the "Mod the Machine" blog. (searching on C# will find them)  I spent some time converting VBA examples to C#. Here is the link to the first one.

http://modthemachine.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/08/c-help-examples-for-sketch-part-1.html

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Brill
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report