Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get the correct Design Status iProp Value

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Raider_71
198 Views, 2 Replies

Get the correct Design Status iProp Value

Hi Guys I would like to know if someone can help getting the actual value of the Design Status iProperty. There are three options and if I use the normal method I only get the index number of the listbox 1,2 or 3. Is it posible to get the text string value? Also depending on the language settings it should be language correct as well?

oApprDoc.PropertySets.Item("{32853F0F-3444-11D1-9E93-0060B03C1CA6}").ItemByPropId(PropertiesForDesignTrackingPropertiesEnum.kDesignStatusDesignTrackingProperties).Value

Is this posible to do? ... to get the language correct string value?

Thanks!

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ekinsb
in reply to: Raider_71

Unfortunately, this is not possible.  Inventor is storing the index of the listbox in the iProperty, which is what you're seeing.  Inventor reads this and then uses that index to set the selected value in the list box.  The contents of the list box itself is buit from reading a resource file based on the current language.  These specific strings are not available through the Inventor API.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 3 of 3
Raider_71
in reply to: ekinsb

Thanks Brian,

English it will be then... 🙂

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums