Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get assembly occurrence from edge selection

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
matt_jlt
448 Views, 2 Replies

Get assembly occurrence from edge selection

I'm a bit stuck, hoping someone can help me out. Has anyone worked out a way to get an assembly occurrence from an edge selection. For example, I have a Top Level Assembly (file that is open) that could contain any amount of sub assemblies which could also contain more sub assemblies / parts. I want to be able to select the edges of the parts and have it return the occurrence from the top level assembly. Is there any easy way of doing this?

I am able to get the selected part object easily, just not able to determine which occurrence it is in.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Matt.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rjay75
in reply to: matt_jlt

If you get an EdgeProxy when you select your edges the ContainingOccurrence property will be the ComponentOccurrence the edge is in. The OccurrencePath of the ComponentOccurrence will be an collection of components with the first one being the highest relative component.

Message 3 of 3
matt_jlt
in reply to: rjay75

Thanks for that. My brain was melting trying to work it out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report