Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forms? I think....

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
SeanFarr
299 Views, 2 Replies

Forms? I think....

I have an assembly of a frame that is enclosed by sheet metal components. I created a skeletal part and used frame generator to create the frame. I am in the process of linking all the parameters required to adjust the frame and all sheet metal components based on changes to the skeletal part file. There is 5 dimensions that will produce the assembly in any size we want. I was at an inventor conference and had a glimpse of a "form" i think it was called. It is a box with various inputs and once those inputs are entered in the form updates the assembly file to match.

I am not 100% sure if this is correct or not, but does anybody kind of know what I am talking about?

Basically what I want it a dialog box with 5 input boxes that will change 5 parameters in my skeletal model and then update the assembly file to match.?!

Thanks for any advice or direction.

I have attached my skeletal model part file for those interested.

Also an image of the assembly - it is much too large to attach

The 5 parameters that i want to change are

• overall_length
  • overall_width
  • center_divider
  • fork_pocket_centers
  • overall_height ( not really viewable, just been adjusting the workplane dimension)

Thanks

Sean

Inventor Pro 2013

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
2 REPLIES 2
Message 3 of 3

Yup, I checked out some of the videos, looks like what I am looking for...not 100% sure if I will be able to make a form, but I will play around with it and look through the tutorials.

I will post back if I run into any issues.

Thanks

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report