Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FileDescriptor ReferenceMissing Problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Madoid
410 Views, 3 Replies

FileDescriptor ReferenceMissing Problem

I'm analyzing referencedFileDescriptors obtained from an Inventor.File object. This File object represent an assembly file. In the referenced assebemly document, in main LOD, I've two occurrences of the same part document.  In fact I can see part fullpath as referenceFileDescriptor of main File object. I get a problem when I suppress only one of these two occurrences. In this case I notice that FileDescriptor of referenced part document has ReferenceMissing = true!!! Why? One occurrence of this document is still alive!!! Furthermore if I activate again main LOD instead of temporary LOD created, this fileDescriptor is still ReferenceMissing = true. I must activate another LOD and again main LOD to normalize this situation!

Any idea?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Vladimir.Ananyev
in reply to: Madoid

I confirm this effect and have informed our engineering team.

Thank you very much for this case.

Vladimir Ananyev
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 4
Madoid

Thanks for your reply.

Do you have a workaround to get same result in a safe way?

Thanks in advance

Message 4 of 4
Vladimir.Ananyev

I have no good idea at this moment. We may search AllReferencedDocuments collection for references to available documents...

Vladimir Ananyev
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report