Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to PDF on save i-Logic issues

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
p.robson
794 Views, 2 Replies

Export to PDF on save i-Logic issues

Hello All,

I am quite new to ilogic and am not sure where to go with this issue.

I have created ani-Logic rule based on Curtis Waguespack's Export to PDF on save code. My problem is that on some occasions I want to overwrite an existing PDF or DWFx (without creating a new revision) which has been created with this rule but when I run the rule, it appears to be creating a new file but the old file stiil exists and does not get overwritten.

Code below.

Regards

'------start of iLogic-------

oPath = ThisDoc.Path oFileName = ThisDoc.FileName(False) 'without extensionoRevNum = iProperties.Value("Project", "Revision Number") oDescrip = iProperties.Value("Project", "Description") oPDFAddIn = ThisApplication.ApplicationAddIns.ItemById _ ("{0AC6FD96-2F4D-42CE-8BE0-8AEA580399E4}") oDocument = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument oContext = ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateTranslationContext oContext.Type = IOMechanismEnum.kFileBrowseIOMechanism oOptions = ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateNameValueMap oDataMedium = ThisApplication.TransientObjects.CreateDataMedium If oPDFAddIn.HasSaveCopyAsOptions(oDataMedium, oContext, oOptions) Then oOptions.Value("All_Color_AS_Black") = 1 oOptions.Value("Remove_Line_Weights") = 1 oOptions.Value("Vector_Resolution") = 400 oOptions.Value("Sheet_Range") = Inventor.PrintRangeEnum.kPrintAllSheets 'oOptions.Value("Custom_Begin_Sheet") = 2'oOptions.Value("Custom_End_Sheet") = 4

End If 'Gets the Workspace PathWorkspacePath= ThisDoc.WorkspacePath() 'Gets the Length of the WorkspacePath StringWorkspacePathLength = Len(WorkspacePath) 'Gets just the Path of the filePathOnly = ThisDoc.Path 'Removes the Workspace Path from FullPathDirectoryPath = Strings.Right(PathOnly, PathOnly.Length-WorkspacePathLength) 'Sets the Directory that the PDF should be saved inPDFPath = "S:\Shared Documents\" & DirectoryPath 'Checks to see if that directory exists, if not, it is createdIf(Not System.IO.Directory.Exists(PDFPath)) Then System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(PDFPath) End If question = MessageBox.Show("Do you want print PDF drawing?", "iLogic Question",MessageBoxButtons.YesNo,MessageBoxIcon.Question) 'set condition based on answer If question = vbYes Then 'Set the PDF target file name ThisDoc.Document.SaveAs(PDFPath & "\" & ThisDoc.FileName(False) & _ " Rev" & oRevNum & " - " & oDescrip & ".pdf" , True) Else If question = vbNo Then End If question = MessageBox.Show("Do you want print DWFx drawing?", "iLogic Question",MessageBoxButtons.YesNo,MessageBoxIcon.Question) 'set condition based on answer If question = vbYes Then 'Set the DWFx target file name ThisDoc.Document.SaveAs(PDFPath & "\" & ThisDoc.FileName(False) & _ " Rev" & oRevNum & " - " & oDescrip & ".dwfx" , True) Else If question = vbNo Then End If
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
adam.nagy
in reply to: p.robson

Hi,

Inside iLogic you can use .NET Framework functionality including the ones inside System.IO namespace.

So at the beginning of your code you could check if the file already exists, and if so delete it or rename it before runing the saveas part.

If System.IO.File.Exists("C:\myfile.txt") Then
  MsgBox("Exists")
Else
  MsgBox("Does not exist")
End If

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: p.robson

I try to rename a existant file with System.IO.File.Move(OLDFILE, NEWFILE)

but my rule dont work???

DOSSIER = ThisDoc.Path
POSITION1 = InStrRev(DOSSIER, "\")
POSITION2 = Right(DOSSIER, Len(DOSSIER) - POSITION1)

'get PDF target folder path
oFolder = "I:\DOCUMENTS\ARTICLES\" & POSITION2 & "\"

'Check for the PDF folder and create it if it does not exist
If Not System.IO.Directory.Exists(oFolder) Then
System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(oFolder)
End If

If System.IO.File.Exists(oFolder & oFileName & ".PDF") Then
question = MessageBox.Show("LE PDF EXISTE, EST-CE QUE TU VEUX CRÉER UN OLD VERSION? SI TU RÉPOND NON L'EXISTANT SERA EFFACER", "PDF???", MessageBoxButtons.YesNoCancel, MessageBoxIcon.Question, MessageBoxDefaultButton.Button1)
MultiValue.SetValueOptions(True)
End If
If question = vbYes Then
OLDFILE = oFolder & POSITION2 & "\" & oFileName & ".PDF"
NEWFILE = oFolder & POSITION2 & "\" & oFileName & Now & ".PDF"
System.IO.File.Move(OLDFILE, NEWFILE)
Else If question = vbNo Then
Kill (oFolder & oFileName & ".PDF")
End If

Thanks for your help 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report