Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to PDF fails

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Mario-Villada
877 Views, 6 Replies

Export to PDF fails

Hi there,

I have been using a macro to create PDFs from inventor drawings with the translator for many years now, I starrted in a new company and it is creating invalid PDF files. So when I try to create the PDF manually by clicking on Save copy As, I am getting this error :

Published with a warning(s)     

Cannot create font

As you can see the font has no name so I can't install any missing font.

I found out that this error occurs only in drawings created from the company template wich I believe was created years ago. If I use any other template from inventor everything is ok.

Mi first thought was that there is something wrong in any text field on the title block, but I don't know what to look for.

Does anybody knows how to fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
adam.nagy
in reply to: Mario-Villada

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to post a minimal sample document that enables us to reproduce the issue?

It sounds like you can reprouce it in the UI as well, so it might be worth posting it on the Inventor Product Support forum too to see if they can comment on it.

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 3 of 7
Mario-Villada
in reply to: adam.nagy

Thanks for your reply Adam,

I did have a response from on the othe forum. It helped soving part of the problem but still cannot get the PDF.

This was the response : RESPONSE

Thanks to Paul I fixed some problems on the text fields by changing the font, But I have also found out that there is a problem with the drawing views as well.

Please have a look a the attached file and try to save as PDF. you will see my issue.

It would be great if this can be solved since there are thousands of drawings like this one. We also detected the same problem when creating DWFs and even  Vault shows the same issue when previewing drawings.

Thanks again for your interest.

Message 4 of 7
adam.nagy
in reply to: Mario-Villada

Hi,

I've written a blog post that I hope will be of help: http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2013/09/remove-illegal-text-formatting.html

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Message 5 of 7
Mario-Villada

Fantastic! this will save heaps of time!
Message 6 of 7
Molly15

Hello Adam. This is the exact problem that I am having. Could you help me get this running. When I run the this code in Inventor VB is doesn't like "RegExp". I get a complie error "User-defined type not defined". Can you help.

I am on Inventor 2013 64 bit, windows 7

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
adam.nagy
in reply to: Molly15

Hi Molly,

You'll have to add whatever Microsoft VBScript Regular Expressions library you have:

RegExp.png

Cheers,

Adam Nagy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report