Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equating a view with a parts list row

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
billyb
203 Views, 2 Replies

Equating a view with a parts list row

Can I locate a drawing view that relates to a parts list row or vice versa?

Doc is an Weldment (assembly) drawing, can be single or multi-sheet as all components are documented in the same FAB drawing.

Sheet 1 has Weldment base view and parts list and sometimes other component views.

Weldment components are individual models with views instanced in the drawing.

Weldment components do not have part numbers, they are removed manually from iproperties. These parts list cells are empty.

In the drawing, for each parts list row, I want to locate the drawing view. Or...

In the drawing, for each view, I want to locate the parts list row.

For parts lists, I know you can parse a row and get a specific cell.

For a drawing view, I know I can get the ReferencedDocument, however, the value doesn't seem to equate directly to anything identifiable in the parts list.

Any thoughts on how to approach this would be most appreciated.

Bill Bogan
- Providing freelance visualization
- Inventor: Expert
- Revit: Novice and growing...
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rjay75
in reply to: billyb

For a partslist to get to the document you can use this path.

PartsListRow.ReferencedRows.Item(1).BOMRow.ComponentDefinitions.Item(1).Document

That docuement can be compared against the documents in the views. For the ReferencedRows and ComponentDefintions they could return more than one Row and ComponentDefintion if there are merged rows in the parts list or BOM. 

Message 3 of 3
billyb
in reply to: rjay75

Thanks for the response!

It doesn't appear to be something i can reproduce in full, so I'll see if I can decompose it into manageable bits and make sense of it.

Bill Bogan
- Providing freelance visualization
- Inventor: Expert
- Revit: Novice and growing...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report