Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy way to fillet two sketch lines?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
CadUser46
1032 Views, 1 Reply

Easy way to fillet two sketch lines?

I understand how to create an arc but is there a way to create two lines then add a fillet to them?  ie Is there a way where the API just understands how to break the conincident points and insert the fillet without needing to be told where the end points are in space?

I say this because i have lines going in all directions and i'd rather not have to do pythagorus to calculate the offsets at each intersetion.  Just select two lines, add a fillet at this radius?

Dim saArc As SketchArc
    Set saArc = oSketch.SketchArcs.AddByFillet(oLine1, oLine2, 0.5, oLine1.Geometry, oLine4.Geometry)

or

Set saArc = oSketch.SketchArcs.AddByFillet(oLine1, oLine2, 0.5, oLine1.startsketchpoint, oLine4.endsketchpoint)

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Currently using 2023 Pro
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi

Currently there is no direct way to achieve this, you will need to rely on some additional custom logic to handle this feature. The existing methods to create an arc are exposed in the API Help Files, please refer to this document ofr more details:

AddByCenterStartEndPoint Method that creates a new sketch arc defined by a center point and two points defining the start and end. The input points can be a combination of existing sketch points or Point2d objects. In the case where a sketch points is input, the arc will be attached to the sketch point. The sweep direction of the arc from the start to end point is determined by the CounterClockwise argument. The radius of the arc is determined by the start point. If the input for the start point is a sketch point, the arc will be tied to the sketch point. The second point, whether it is a sketch point or coordinate point defines the sweep of the arc. In the case where a sketch point is input and it is on the arc, the arc will be tied to the sketch point.
AddByCenterStartSweepAngle Method that creates a new sketch arc using the input point and angles.
AddByFillet Method that creates a new sketch arc as a fillet between two sketch entities.
AddByThreePoints Method that creates a new sketch arc that passes through the three input points.

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report